Sunday, November 30, 2008

SUCCESS IS CONTENTMENT AS YOU ARE

In school our teachers taught us to never be satisfied with what we are but that we should always strive to climb to the next rung up the ladder. This has resulted in many people feeling like failures.

As we grow older we often look at the apparent successes of those we went to school with and feel like we don’t measure up to our peers. Some went on to achieve high position and wealth. We compare our lives with them and we feel like failures. They have their big houses and fancy cars.

But a Christian should have other measures of success. As their successes, they should claim love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance, and souls they have led to Christ. If you don’t have these you are not 100% successful, but if you have them you are successful.

Luke 12:15, And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Philippeans 4:12, Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

Hebews 13:5, Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

1 Timothy 6:6, But godliness with contentment is great gain.

1 Timothy 6:8, And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

1 Timothy 6:10, For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

1 Corinthians 13:2-3, And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

http://dennyschristianwritings.blogspot.com/



No comments: